Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Wishlist Wednesday 1

Decided I'd start up with a new feature....Behold Wishlist Wednesday. As you can see, it is where I will post my wishlist of books, and hopefully I'll update it every Wednesday. Hopefully. I'll probably forget every now and again.   Lets get started.
1. Zombies vs Unicorns. edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier, is answering an age old question: is the zombie better than the unicorn. The answers come in short stories from  Garyth Nix, Carrie Ryan, Scott Westerfeld, Meg Cabot and others. I found it on Westerfeld's blog, and was immediately fascinated by the whole new x vs y . After vampires vs werewolves being worked to hell and back, its a nice new debate.

2. Jane Slayre. By Sherri Browning Erwin. Ahh, the whole classics plus monsters. Theres been Pride and Predjudice, Sense and Sensiblility, Little Women and now theres Jane Eyre. Featuring a demon slayer, werewolves and zombies, this looks like one classic mutilated not to be missed.

3. Changeless. By Gail Carriger. After reading the first one in the Parasol Protectorate (Soulless), how could I not want the sequel. If youve read the first one, you must agree with me. If you've not read the first one, you should!

4. The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls. By Emilie Autumn. A mix of autobiography and fiction, Emilie blurs the line between present day and victorian lunatic asylums. Discovered when I discovered Emilie Autumn, about 4 months ago, I was entranced by the style of the whole thing. By the way, Emilie is a singer/songwriter/poet/author with bipolar disorder who tried commiting suicide and was locked in an asylum. But seeing as it cost $75 new, its very unlikely I'll ever read it. But I'll keep hoping.

Thats enough for now...and if you have any recommendations, I'm all open for suggestions.

4 comments:

  1. I have 4.! I got a signed copy for my birthday! (Don't hate me...) Hmm, why haven't I posted a review yet?

    I have Soulless from the Parasol Protectorate, but haven't got any further than that yet. They are lovely, aren't they?!

    Zombies vs. Unicorns! Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. I need to own it, like, yesterday. What about pirates vs. ninjas? I'd say pirates, all the way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I was just looking at your shelf thing! (Wait, that doesn't sound quite right somehow...) Please pretty plese with bat wings on top could you do a review of Black Butler? I want to know if it's worth running out to buy a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry...to have 4 means I will hate you! But I love you too...
    I agree with you about Soulless, but I say ninjas...
    Course I'll do one of Black Butler for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, It appears your comments are turned off. THey are somewhat important in a Hop or Follow. Please, let me know when they are back on.steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi people!
Thanks for stopping by!
Please leave a comment-I'd love to know what you think!
Serifina xxx