Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Teaser Tuesday 1

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

So, my current reads.

  "And finally, as the modern Dr. Jekel's document indidcated, I added the strychnine to the already dangerous potassium diochronate and poured that lethal mix into the flask"
  "Refusing to think further, to consider the future, the way the solution might feel as it seared my throat, paralysed my lungs ,I raised the flask before my eyes, toasting my own fate, and was actually about to say "cheers" when I heard my name screamed from the doorway."
-----Jekel Loves Hyde, P147, Beth Fantaskey

  "Believe me, if I was on vacation, following a bitchy vampire wouldn't be my first choice".
 "Resentment towards my parents for breaking the rules, resentment towards the dominae for blaming me for their actions and resentment towards Adam for reminding me of my red-headed stepchild status."
-----Red-headed Stepchild, P121, Jaye Wells

6 comments:

  1. Both are interesting teasers. I'm definitely going to look into Jekel Loves Hyde!
    Natalie
    °.¸¸.•´¯`»
    My Teaser The Book Inn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to read Jekel Loves Hyde but I never really got into it or never read very far. Or maybe I had to return it because it was due back but I can't remember, just know I never finished it.

    Red-headed Stepchild sounds interesting, marked it to read :D

    Here is my teaser, http://miss-check-out.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesday-playing-with-fire-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are enjoying your books. Here is my Teaser for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teasers. I've been wanting to read Jekel Loves Hyde, and Red-headed Stepchild sounds like an interesting read :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teasers! I loved Jekel Loves Hyde. I am a new follower. :)

    Reading Lark's Teaser

    ReplyDelete

Hi people!
Thanks for stopping by!
Please leave a comment-I'd love to know what you think!
Serifina xxx